• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

elf bard

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: elf bard

Postby tasoe » March 11th, 2012, 8:04 am

Seb wrote:No problem :) I also randomly found the Elf Bard right here :

Only a couple of $ - yet another option.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/0164-Fantasy ... 0937790441

It's great to see these old lines making a come back.

- Seb

this is it! thanks very much seb. If my friend doesn't go for that price then he is a cheap bastard and he won't be my friend anymore.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby tasoe » March 11th, 2012, 5:13 pm

a decision has been made. the elf bard has been ordered from ebay.

I want to thank everyone who help out and a special thanks to Seb who found the cheapest option available.

I will post a pic of the hero when he is painted and maybe a couple of spells or abilities I come up with.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » March 11th, 2012, 5:33 pm

tasoe - giving only 2 BP - hahaha - that is just terrific.
I'd find some other subtle ways to cut it back, if I were you.
Make sure he has a hell of a time with the hero, just to get
back at him. maybe when he complains about it, fix a problem,
but add another...a few times at least. Maybe give him a viable
hero after a while, so he'll keep playing.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby tasoe » March 11th, 2012, 5:57 pm

nah, i was just joking about the 2 bp. i'm thinking 6 body 4 mind since it's an elf but i'll make him a support hero so he will never receive the glory of defeating the enemy boss. perhaps a singing ability that increases the combat dice of his party or something.

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » March 11th, 2012, 7:13 pm

eh - that could work too - stuck in the background...of course, that is the actual role of the bard
in most role-playing games, anyhow.

Need any thoughts on special abilities - I could help with that. Let me know.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Seb » March 11th, 2012, 7:28 pm

I want to thank everyone who help out and a special thanks to Seb who found the cheapest option available.

You're welcome; though the eBay find was a complete random - I was looking for other items and he popped up. :D

Definitely book marking that seller though.

Talking hindrances for the bard; look forward to your evil ideas.. perhaps make is harp strings cost a small fortune.

I was thinking; (no doubt this idea is already a ruleset).. you could have a special "spell card" deck of Songs? Not unlike the Elf player, but without magicks.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 12th, 2012, 7:57 am

Body: 5
Mind: 5

Carries: one-handed shortsword and a harp
Can equip helmet and chainmail, not plate mail.
Cannot equip bows or crossbows or broadswords or shield (needs 1 hand free for the harp)
Can equip throwing daggers

Spells would be songs:
cards: "Song of Valor: grant any one hero a temporary attack boost: +1 attack die for one turn"
"Soothing Lullaby: same effect as the sleep spell, perhaps effecting all monsters in 1 room. Monsters roll dice equal to mind points. 6 = no effect"
"Song of Strength: grant any one hero a temporary defense boost: +1 defense die for one turn"
"Ballad of Heroism: Throw a D6: if you roll 4,5 or 6 you may revive a fallen ally"
"Restoring Refrain: heal 1 ally for 2 points"
"Angelic Voice: Undead minions will go berserk and attack the closest hero in blind rage during Zargon's turn with 2 extra attack dice, but must roll black shields to do damage"

Just some ideas ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby tasoe » March 12th, 2012, 9:39 am

nice ideas all (except for the ballad of heroism - no offence ;) ) and i really like the names given to the spells. I might "borrow" some.

I was thinking of something different and I'd like to try it out to see how it plays.
The bard activates his singing mode (which he can do once or twice per quest), a state which gives every hero +1 die on both attack and defence but the bard is unable to move during the singing. Also he rolls one less die to defend when his is singing.

Also I think I'll go for the 6-4 body-mind and only one special ability, the one mentioned above.

I haven't yet incorporated into the game many changes, spellwise or itemwise, and i think it will be a big break if I add a hero with a whose set of new spells.

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » March 12th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Hey Tasoe! I just made a new class for your friend! :-D

Spoiled Elf Princess

Base Stats
Attack - 2
Defense - 2
Body - 6
Intelligence - 1

Start equipment
2000 gold coins
The Spirit Blade
Borin's Armor
Candy

If another hero is already carrying any of these items he must immediately hand them over or the spoiled elf princess won't join the party.

Special Rules
The spoiled elf princess may re-roll all dice rolls, including but not limited to, attack, defense and movement rolls.
The spoiled elf princess can also choose to leave the dungeon immediately if it's too dangerous or boring.

;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » March 12th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Hey Tasoe! I just made a new class for your friend! :-D

Spoiled Elf Princess

Base Stats
Attack - 2
Defense - 2
Body - 6
Intelligence - 1

Start equipment
2000 gold coins
The Spirit Blade
Borin's Armor
Candy

If another hero is already carrying any of these items he must immediately hand them over or the spoiled elf princess won't join the party.

Special Rules
The spoiled elf princess may re-roll all dice rolls, including but not limited to, attack, defense and movement rolls.
The spoiled elf princess can also choose to leave the dungeon immediately if it's too dangerous or boring.

;)

oh, my Goddess!!! Make a card make a card!
Too funny.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

PreviousNext