• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sjeng's miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Sjeng's miniatures

Postby Spiky » December 7th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Those skeletons look great! I may need to try some army painter...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » January 12th, 2013, 12:13 pm

My chaos warriors are finished!
Spiky told me this:
Spiky wrote:Nice work! They're in the colours of the 4 warhammer chaos powers right?

Khorne: bloodlust, war, death, blood, and skulls.
Tzeentch: change, fate, mutation, knowledge.
Nurgle: plague, despair, disease and death.
Slaanesh: lust, pleasure, excess.
I didn't do that on purpose, but it's a pretty cool idea! I like it :) They are henceforth dubbed Sir Tzeentch, Sir Nurgle, Sir Khorne and Sir Slaanesh. (I wanted to go with Mr. as in Reservoir Dogs, but Sir seems more appropriate)

And a pre-painted Reaper mind flayer:

My next chaos warriors (I have 4 more) will be Black, white, bronze and metal :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby jimmeuh » January 12th, 2013, 12:37 pm

I really like what you've done with the wizard!

(underlaying tile looks familiar ;))
jimmeuh

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 12th, 2013, 1:41 pm

jimmeuh wrote:I really like what you've done with the wizard!

(underlaying tile looks familiar ;))

Well, I didn't do anything to the mind flayer except unpack it. Ordered it at Reaperminis and it turned out to be a pre-painted plastic. Thought it was metal. But it looks good, so idc ;)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby jimmeuh » January 12th, 2013, 3:25 pm

lol I've seem to have missed the "pre" in pre-painted ;)

sorry ;)
jimmeuh

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Zenithfleet » January 13th, 2013, 8:19 am

Sjeng wrote:My chaos warriors are finished!
Spiky told me this:
Spiky wrote:Nice work! They're in the colours of the 4 warhammer chaos powers right?

Khorne: bloodlust, war, death, blood, and skulls.
Tzeentch: change, fate, mutation, knowledge.
Nurgle: plague, despair, disease and death.
Slaanesh: lust, pleasure, excess.
I didn't do that on purpose, but it's a pretty cool idea! I like it :) They are henceforth dubbed Sir Tzeentch, Sir Nurgle, Sir Khorne and Sir Slaanesh. (I wanted to go with Mr. as in Reservoir Dogs, but Sir seems more appropriate)

Haha... clearly the dark gods of Chaos have already corrupted your subconscious :lol:

As I recall, someone at Old Scratch painted their CWs to match the four powers too (deliberately in that case). The Slaanesh one had no pants. :shock:

Anyway, looking great!
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spiky » January 13th, 2013, 8:36 am

Zenithfleet wrote:As I recall, someone at Old Scratch painted their CWs to match the four powers too (deliberately in that case). The Slaanesh one had no pants. :shock:

That'll be my next conversion then! - cutting butt-cheek holes in the chain mail for my slaaneshi themed warrior!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 13th, 2013, 8:49 am

There you go:

HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby bruenor » January 20th, 2013, 9:35 am

Really like what you've done with your mini's, not a massive fan of dipping but you've pulled it off really well, and not over dipped them.

Using the Goblins and Bugbears as Ice Gremlins and Polar Warbears is totally inspired, and am going to steal the idea if thats ok?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 20th, 2013, 2:18 pm

bruenor wrote:Really like what you've done with your mini's, not a massive fan of dipping but you've pulled it off really well, and not over dipped them.

Using the Goblins and Bugbears as Ice Gremlins and Polar Warbears is totally inspired, and am going to steal the idea if thats ok?

Thanks! I usually use a brush with quickshade. I only really DIP if the model can have a lot of shading, such as zombies or skeletons.
And please, go ahead and use my ideas ;) as long as you post pics :P
I've also used the D&D ogres for skaven rat-ogres. They look rat-like, and they're not that big. Rat-ogres should in my opinion be smaller than normal ogres.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures