• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sjeng's miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Sjeng's miniatures

Postby Seb » July 28th, 2013, 12:01 am

Currently working on 18 Skaven clanrats. Main bodies done, 18 weapon arms and shields to go, and then I need to make 20 HQ bases for them.

I salute you sir! I really need to get my brushes moving.

Seb

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ampersand » July 29th, 2013, 6:28 pm

loving them zombies and skeletons dude. you definitely had better successes with army painter than I have :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 6th, 2013, 1:07 pm

DONE!!! My Skaven Clanrats on custom bases, with 1 converted White Seer :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby TMU » August 6th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Great painting :) And bases look good too, how do they look on HQ board?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » August 6th, 2013, 2:00 pm

What an awesome set of skaven! Looks really good. When did you start painting these?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby bruenor » August 6th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Very cool looking bunch there!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » August 6th, 2013, 8:45 pm

They look great. Are they WH or ones from AHQ? How long did they take?

Actually, how long did it take to do some of the original minis? Did you do all of them in one batch per monster at once or in say groups of four or something? How long would base layers take to apply? Just trying to work out what sort of realistic times I should expect to take instead of trying to rush in and get things done quickly.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 7th, 2013, 12:58 am

I'll have to take a picture of them on the HQ board later. I painted all at once. It took me about 4 days to do including the bases.
They are Warhammer Fantasy Skaven Clanrats from GW. The original HQ minis I did seperately or in small groups (4 with the chaos warriors, 9 goblins, and 12 orcs etc.)
I think it took me 2 days to paint the base layers, 1 day to add details, and 1 day to apply some quickshade, and paint the bases. I molded the bases at the beginning of each day. I had 5 molds.
I started 3 weeks ago, and planned 4 days to paint.

Thanks for all the nice replies guys! :D

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ampersand » August 7th, 2013, 4:55 am

looks great dude. good attempt on the bases too they look grand. even if they don't colour match they still look great nonetheless. ive got a ruck load of skaven from island of blood that I picked up. are these the same ones?
again great stuff dude :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 7th, 2013, 6:56 am

Thanks! :D
I do believe the IoB box contains practically the same sprue of clanrats as I bought (I bought a loose box of clanrats on discount).
There might be a few small differences, but I'd say 95% the same.
I modified one rat to be a white seer, for the Into the Sewers quests, and the Durrag-Dol quest. I also have a set of printed Skaven spell cards for him :) (check the cards section)

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures