• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 14th, 2012, 7:52 am

As much as I love custom quests, and I do I do, I am always thirsting for more officially published stuff. However, I had a strange idea that is really a mix of homebrew and official quests. Has anyone played the Legacy of Sorasil Heroquest game? I'm curious how easy or hard it would be to turn it into a quest pack for the tabletop. If it comes down to it I might just have to add it to my long list of (perhaps overambitious) aspirations. I just need to hunt down a decent emulator and a copy of the game.

Has anyone tried this? Is anyone interested in trying it? What are your thoughts?
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Ethica » March 14th, 2012, 8:43 am

Do you have copies of the maps? Or an .adf file of the game?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 14th, 2012, 9:59 am

I'm interested in this project and want to help a little where I can.

A good place to start could be here:
http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/docs.php?id=789
There are some info like about the old and new characters. Their stats are however not directly compatible...

Barbarian:
Strength: 8 - not used ih HQ
Body: 8 - The same as HQ. Need no modifications
Attack: 7 - way too high. Need modification
Defence: 7 - way too high. Need modification
Perception: 4 - not used in HQ
Mind: 2 - The same as HQ. Need no modifications
Move: 10 - useless. All have 2D6 movement

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 14th, 2012, 10:37 am

Unfortunately I'm limited in my capabilities and resources for a little while. I'm teaching English in China Until July. I'm away from my HQ game aaaaaand I am using a Linux machine for the time being. Anyone know an amiga emulator for Linux? I will have access to a windows machine when I get back home, but until then my hands are tied.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 14th, 2012, 12:05 pm

Take your HeroQuest game and use it as a learning tool. ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 14th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Aww, that would be wonderful. However, I can't imagine they made a Heroquest quest pack for 30 students, haha.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 15th, 2012, 1:00 am

So, here's what I have found so far, and without playing even a second of the game.

The point of the game is to attempt to save the ruined Empire of Rhia(do they name the empire of the HQ games in the other expansions?). It seems like this empire is in far worse shape than the Empire of the other HQ expansions. The narrator to the introduction says his power is failing and he is on the verge of defeat. All of this suggests this would have to be a late quest. This could also explain the high stats for the characters.
There are 9 scenarios(quests?)

There are 8 classes of heroes to choose from.
Barbarian(Obvious model for the Barbarian): Body 8 Attack 7 Defense 7 Mind 2
Ranger: BP6 ATT5 DEF5 MIND4
Paladin: BP8 ATT7 DEF6 MIND5
Cleric (possible Elf): BP6 ATT5 DEF5 MIND10
Fighter(Likely Dwarf model): BP9 ATT7 DEF8 MIND 2
Wizard (Obvious Wizard model): BP4 ATT4 DEF2 MIND14
Adventurer (Likely Elf model): BP4 ATT5 DEF5 MIND6

Mystic (possible Elf): BP4 ATT4 DEF2 MIND14

There are many spells from the original HQ release, but there are also some spells that were used in the Wizards of Morcar by the enemy, so this would likely come after Wizards(though I can say nothing of difficulty).

The spells from Wizards include: Fear, Lightning Bolt, Rust, and Wall of Fire
There are four spells that I think are new: Healing wind, Flame of Healing, Wall of Water, and Demoralize
For some reason the site I found only listed two earth spells whereas all other domains had five.

I got all this from the source quoted by the Goblin King.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 15th, 2012, 2:20 am

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 15th, 2012, 2:49 am

Yeah, the page I found seems incomplete...
Guess you just gotta play the game :-D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 15th, 2012, 3:29 am

Indeedy. In the process of figuring out my new emulator e-uae, but for the time being it's got me scratching my head. I'll let you folks know if I figure anything out. From what I read, these quests may not fit on the standard HQ board. The quests may need to be split up, but we shall see when it comes time. Wish me luck.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs