• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Custom EU cards [chaos spells]

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Custom EU cards [chaos spells]

Postby Sjeng » July 17th, 2012, 9:26 am

Well, after doing all those monster cards, I wanted to make some chaos spells as well.
I took Zenithfleet's superb chaos spells, which he converted from the US games to a balanced EU version, and added some cards.
Get all my card decks here.

@drathe: If you want to put these on the website as well, be sure to credit Zenithfleet for his cards. This PDF is kinda like a cooperation, I simply added stuff. Credits are in the pdf as well. |_P

I reverted the summon greenskins art back to the US version, just so you could choose which art you prefer. Same with the Tempest card.
I added the Escape spell with the original art. The chaos Escape art is now different from the High Mage one.
I also added the 3 chaos spells from AtOH. I don't like those tokens. Instead I'm just going to use these 3 new cards, and simply write down how many the chaos sorcerer may use, and keep track of that. No need for tokens.

EU-Chaos-Summon-Greenskins-FINAL2-white.jpg
EU-Chaos-Tempest2-FINAL-white.jpg
EU-Chaos-Escape-FINAL-white.jpg

Finished cards now complete!
Monster Cards
Artifact Cards
Treasure Cards
Potion Cards
Equipment Cards
Elf Spell Cards
Chaos Spell Cards
Scroll Spell Cards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sjeng on August 14th, 2012, 4:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Custom EU cards [spells]

Postby Sjeng » July 17th, 2012, 9:28 am

The AtOH cards:

spell-card-chaos-dominate-sjeng.jpg
spell-card-chaos-mindlock-sjeng.jpg
spell-card-chaos-mindblast2-sjeng.jpg
spell-card-chaos-mindblast1-sjeng.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 17th, 2012, 11:36 am

Been waiting for those AtOH-spellcards a while now...
If I had any knowledge or talent for designing cards on my own I would have been all over those months ago.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » July 17th, 2012, 11:37 am

Those mind lock and mind blast pictures are great.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » July 17th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Awesome job on the Ogre Horde spell pics.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 17th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Thanks! I used your tutorial with InkScape, and then did some photoshopping :D They look very oldschool, don't they ^^
I'm currently doing the BQP spells. I'm tweaking them a little too. I'm thinking about giving ice storm 2 dice instead of 3, because you can't defend againt it, and Mind Freeze seems a bit harsh, but as only the FH uses it, and can only use it once, that might be not too bad. It's a one-time shot to try and freeze an enemy, and there's a scroll and potion to recover mind points, so I guess I'll leave that the way it is.
Heck, I think I'll leave Ice Storm the way it is too, I've only encountered the spell twice in the booklet (Vilor and the FH).

So unless someone has some strong arguments to change stuff, I'll leave the FH chaos spells as they are, and simply remake them into EU cards. :)

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » July 19th, 2012, 4:57 am

Well, I finished the BQP and EQP chaos spells. Some minor changes:

Dispell is renamed to Counterspell, as it is different from the Dispell spell from WoM.
I changed the functionality of Mind Blast from EQP, and renamed it "Paralysis", because there's already a Mind Blast in AtOH. The AtOH spell is similar, but a lot less powerfull. I didn't want the EQP one to be too powerfull in comparison, so I upped the chance to break the effect, and also added the (probably implied) rule that the spell breaks if the caster is killed.
I left the rest pretty much as it was, including the werewolf's curse. The rules for being a werewolf remains the same as in the EQP notes. If you want to use this card for your own quests, you should copy the text from EQP in your own notes.

updated 1st post!

spell-card-chaos-paralysis-sjeng.jpg
spell-card-chaos-counter-sjeng.jpg

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Ethica » July 19th, 2012, 11:05 am

I think the counterspell image was a bit of a cop out by the games makers.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Custom EU cards [chaos spells]

Postby Sjeng » February 8th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Well, I've finally made a tiny change that's been nagging me a bit. Zenithfleet remade the US chaos spells from the base game into EU versions, which are great (I use them as well). Like me, he changed the name of certain cards because there were spells with the same name in other expansions (WoM, AtOH). He renamed the Fear card from the US base game chaos spells to Terror (which I would have done as well!). But then I read the contents of the original spells:

WoM Necromancer Fear spell:
The target of this spell is filled
with unreasonable terror
, and
may not attack or cast spells on
his next turn, although he may
move and defend normally.
Discard after use.

US base game Chaos spell Terror:
This spell causes any one Hero
to become so fearful that his
attacks are reduced to one
combat die... (etc.)

So I though, the WoM card talks about terror, and the US card says "fearful". It seemed more logical to me to rename the WoM card Terror, and keep the US chaos spell as Fear, not the other way around. I'm nitpicking, I know, but I remade them anyway :P I also reworded the US card a bit, so it was more true to the original US text than Zenithfleets remake.

spell-card-chaos-fear-sjeng.jpg
WoM-spell-terror-sjeng.jpg

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Re: Custom EU cards [chaos spells]

Postby knightkrawler » February 8th, 2013, 5:56 pm

You took the right path, there.
Apart from the wording, which definitely demands the exchange, in my humble opinion,
the even more important reason to do what you did is the fact, that terror is at least one step further from simple fear,
and the spells reflect this difference.
The spell you re-named Terror has a much worse effect on the victim, as you can't even attack anymore whereas under the effect of Fear you still get to attack with 1 AD.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards