• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

EL FLESH

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

EL FLESH

Postby el_flesh » May 1st, 2010, 11:28 pm

PARENTAL ADVISORY: PLEASE KEEP KIDS WELL AWAY FROM THIS ENTIRE THREAD SERIES. RATED R FOR FILTHY LANGUAGE AND SITUATIONS.

==========================================================================

The playing was Fast and Furious.

First mission: tough...luckily there was a good number of healing potions

Luckily, my Necro eats death - gets 1 HP back from every creature that dies in an adjacent square.

The DM is sure enjoying it:

We got to be tough enough to take the maze on with just TWO of us - a Necro and a well-armed (and protected) Barb
Last edited by el_flesh on August 26th, 2013, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Saturday night DUNGEON

Postby Skulmar » May 2nd, 2010, 2:59 am

That first Quest is always so d*** hard for the hero's! I love how they make the first Quest the hardest in the entire Quest book for the Gamesystem! Here is a alternate Quest I made for Quest 1 the Trial because so many times whoever plays it has to redo the quest!

Th same quests notes can be used from the original game system version. I noticed a few things were missing so i changed them from the original attachement. Thanks for the help on posting photos!
Game System Alternate #1 The Trial.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Skulmar on May 2nd, 2010, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog.
Skulmar

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Skulmar » May 2nd, 2010, 3:09 am

1st time i tried to post a picture but the only way I could figure it out is by adding an attachment little help or did i do it right?

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog.
Skulmar

Skeleton
Skeleton

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » May 2nd, 2010, 11:31 am

Nice shots and captions of your game night. Looks like you played through five quests as the last setup is Melar's Maze. Thanks for sharing. We hope to see more.

Skulmar wrote:1st time i tried to post a picture but the only way I could figure it out is by adding an attachment little help or did i do it right?

To show an image, you need to host it somewhere (like imageshack) and link to it. Attaching works too, but doesn't show in the post. I like the setup, I'll use it as an alternate Q1 should anyone fail the first time. Then I don't need to rearrange it all again myself.

Technically, once the image is attached, you can link to it using the Img tag (if you hover over the tags, examples of how to fill them in pops up), like this* :

*Just be aware, that there is only so much width depending on the resolution of the person viewing the thread. The image may be cut-off widthwise.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 2nd, 2010, 11:49 am

Those are actually pix over some few different saturdays...heh heh heh...5 quests = like, 10 hours at least??

Oddly enough, there wasn't any pix from last night - about to tackle quest #10 in TWO weeks...
Though the DM is a little annoyed at how simple the quests seem...and intends to make his own soon!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 16th, 2010, 10:06 pm

OK - quest #10!

Look at those doors. Dam we had fun teleporting all over hell's half acre. Was a big surprise that something disappeared at the end of the quest.

DM thought it was finally a half-decent quest design.

Well then, we tackled the next quest, too - our team by the way, consisted of a Dwarf, a Barbie-doll, a Necromancer (yours truly) and a SAMURAI - from Hero Scape...

And before over long, I had a mummy, a skeleton, and a Skeleton Mage under my command...though I was dangerously low on body points by summoning them!

(stone wall counters were used in rooms to show they had already been searched - since we lost track a few times in earlier games).

All in all, LOADS of fun had by all of us, and greater challenges await us I think...

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 23rd, 2010, 11:33 pm

Last night - find Spirit Blade!

take care of that chaos warlock (which we used gargoyle for):

My gold skeleton is helping the half Orc Barb...

pffft - One lowly skel vs MY skel AND skel mage?
(skel mage gets three chaos spells chosen blind from shuffled deck. woooo when he gets a summon card!)
(skel mage : removed scythe, arm broke during operation; reglued at different angle! bottom of scythe painted white to look like a magic scroll!)

OOOF! THAT HURT!!
a little snag...

Night after...KILL the BITCH KING!

My skel mage : "Raise Undead" turns the tide of the battle...
Not ONE of thos skels is on the side of Zarquon...

Army is coming...

That blood Skel is in a litttttle bit of trouble after I got RAISE OGRES...
yup. All SIX of em are mine.

Well. While the Barb at beginner level did indeed wind up dead...mostly from running off on his own...
but, after some REAL fierce fighting, in the end...
That, by the way, is the half-Ogre or orc or whatever with his Spirit Blade beating the crap out of the Bitch King.
Gotta love them D&D minis. Cheaper than I thought!

Our DM made this level alot harder - the monsters were tougher than listed in original game! tweak tweak tweak.. makes for fun!
Took us 4.5 hours to do the last mission. Now THAT'S entertainment!

Tho maybe not quite as entertaining as the ironnettes...

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 11th, 2010, 8:01 am

We might be having a bit of a snag tomorrow night... (missed last sat; [humorous teasing]something about someone's wife wanting "family day" sheesh! Women! No appreciation for good weekend-consuming, neglect everything-else including personal hygiene nerdfest! I mean, all of the family was playing the game except for the female! I bet she made them watch soap operas all last weekend. Only she thought they were crying from the show, when it was really because they were missing out on leveling and questing! [/humorous teasing]) ...in that there will be at least 6 players vs Zarquon.

DM could either add more monsters, or make 3 vs 3 group!

Did anyone else have experience in this kind of thing and how does it go when you try group vs group? I'm worried a bit about the continuity, but then, other friends don't often play it.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 11th, 2010, 12:37 pm

I've never played two groups against each other, but I have added a few extra players. Normally when this happens, I don't change the Quest much. I only add in an extra Fimir or Chaos Warrior once in a while and just beef up the end boss and the beasties in there. In all honesty, I usually beef up the bosses even with the regular four Heroes. I couldn't stand losing a boss before I having the chance to cast a cool spell during my early HQ years. Now I always adjust things based on the skill of the players. Keep things challenging enough to make them feel like they're accomplishing something, which in the end, keeps them coming back for more Quests. That the real goal of the game master.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » June 11th, 2010, 2:49 pm

playing groups against each other would be kind of interesting - maybe have it so there's more reward for the group that
gets to the goal first or something like that.
I would go for it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!